What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

47mm Bhler shell

Mannlicher

Hello everyone.
Can you help me with the dimensions (especially overall length) of the casing used by the 47mm AT Bhler gun used by the Romanian army in ww2?

And pictures with the same casing/complete shell will be useful too.

Thank you in advance.
M

I do know the Italian/Dutch/Austrian lengths:
195 mm / 227 mm / 235 mm

Finland had a few of these guns in WW2, Italian and Swiss made. Ammo catalogue from 1944 says for Italian case 47x195 R55,7 and for Swiss case 47x184,5 R57.

Thanks guys.
Now i have a problem - it seems it's not a Bohler shell judging by the dimensions you gave me. The shell i have is 342mm long and is not cut :( It has romanian ww2 markings (Metrom). It is not a Schneider shell (47x380mm). So what could it be?

I found a new headstamp, the length of the case is 227 mm (Dutch length). Anybody recognize the stamp?

EDIT: I just found some information. This case is most likely for the KNIL (Dutch East Indies) where p.a. is short for "pantser afweergeschut" meaning anti-tank.

Attachments

• 4,7 cm PAG.jpg
    4,7 cm PAG.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by a moderator:
LOL....on my 47 mm case I still think MO, but I checked my 75 and 100 mm case from Romania from Metrom and they clearly show MC.

Hoeksel, could you tell the lengths of your 75 and 100mm cases and the years they were made in?

The 75 mm is a 75x350 for the French Schneider Mle1897 dated 1943. I once traded another case dated 1944.
The 100 mm is a 100x241R115 dated 1940. I still do not know what gun fits with this case.

I also think it is a Skoda. Romania had a Skoda 10 cm M1934 and a Skoda 10 cm M1939. Does anybody know the case dimensions for the ammunition?