What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

47mm projectile I.D please

earni74

Premium Member
I have been meaning to have this projectile identified for me for a couple of years, now i have finally got round to asking.

The projectile is 47mm,the black paint on the tip looks like it screws off but it does not, as you can see, the base of the projectile takes quite a large base fuze ( i assume ).

Also, on one of the photos there is an arrow pointing to a stamp, this stamp is a german waffen stamp with letters/numbers underneath the styalized eagle woa11 as far as i can make out ( my camara just can't pick it up in detail )

i thought it was french, now i am stumped ! Thankyou004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

Hi Earni,
I think its for the German (Czech) 4.7 cm Pak(t) or Pak 36(t) Anti Tank gun which in Czech service is Skoda 47mm KPUV vz. 36 47mm.
If you check any 37mm Czech rounds you have you should see a similar driving band style.

You just need a 47x405R case for it
Theres a bit more information here --->
http://www.lonesentry.com/ordnance/tag/47mm

Rich

Last edited:
Thanks MINENAZ16, I do have the complete capped round, as the uncapped projectile was in another room from the complete round, it did not register in my mind that they are of the same family.