What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.50 headstamp for id please

timeout

Hi All....I have a .50 case with a headstamp of AD 00 .50 I can not find any info on it....any help please....thanks paul.

AD would be: Abu Dhabi Plant United Arab Emirates. When AD are close together. When A en D are spaces with 15 degrees its:
Army Ammunition Plant Bandung, Indonesia.

Thanks Thekees....it looks like its UAE one as the gap is about 2mm I was told its from the gulf war. paul

The case looks much like being made by CBC of Brazil. It would be worth to check the ties between the two companies.

It could well be that they got their production lines from there maybe as the UAE is buying lots of complete technology packs on particular items from abroad.

Last edited:
EOD, what detail on the case is specific for Brazil? maybe they exchanged "old" dies or so.

All on the case head from the hs layout, script, primer crimp down to the PA color all do look CBC.
Basically the same hs exists with "CBC" on the 12h pos..