What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50kg blitzlichtbombe pt 2

satan18

I would like to keep these posts seperate as it is nice to be able to pick out the progress in stages.

Today saw a better shape forming on the thin walled Flare dispensing bomb.

removing the biggest and most awkward dents was acheived with a reversing hammer and a few well placed holes.
Loads of heat and a decent dolly and hammer is getting the steel a lot better.

I have deceided to replace the original locking rings for my repro set due to them fitting a lot better.

Still need someone to give me the colour scheme and any possible markings that were on the case,but have found a lot of red paint today.

Attachments

• Flashbomb 013.jpg
    Flashbomb 013.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Flashbomb 014.jpg
    Flashbomb 014.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Flashbomb 016.jpg
    Flashbomb 016.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Flashbomb 017.jpg
    Flashbomb 017.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Flashbomb 018.jpg
    Flashbomb 018.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 44
Hi Phil,

thats looking very good...I do enjoy your restoration projects, you will have a lovely item when you have finished.

Here is a bit of information I have...the first is taken from 'objects dropped from the air' wartime pamphlet. I hope they are of use in your project.

regards Kev

HPIM6110.jpg HPIM6112.jpg

Hi Phil,

thats looking very good...I do enjoy your restoration projects, you will have a lovely item when you have finished.

Here is a bit of information I have...the first is taken from 'objects dropped from the air' wartime pamphlet. I hope they are of use in your project.

regards Kev

View attachment 35327 View attachment 35328

Thanks kev
I was floating around the past posts and have just worked it out that it is a photo flash bomb,as your great info has just confirmed 100%.

I would assume that the body will be in silver and the tails will be in green.

Kev would you mind sending me a photo copy of the document as it would be invaluable when it comes to the finishing touches.

I will obviously pay postage etc

Best phil

Last edited:
Excellent info,well done Kev. :)

Nice to see that the german bombs and fuzes are getting more interest.
Good work lads.

best

waff

Excellent info,well done Kev. :)

Nice to see that the german bombs and fuzes are getting more interest.
Good work lads.

best

waff

I dont think that the German bomb side of things is lacking in interest its just getting harder for new collectors to get established,as beltring this year proved to many hardened collector.

Sudden interests out strip the supply chain so quickly that it makes collecting difficult.

Thank god for our European dealers who can at least generate some fresh
items for us:wink:

Best phil