What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50KG german ww2 Bomb and Fuze.

waffenamt

Hi Chaps,

Do any of you boys have the weight and length specs on the empty case for a 50Kg please?.It saves me having to root out my books which are buried whilst im having some work done at the house.
Im having one shipped to me for the next Leeds show and i dont want my pal to end up with a bloody hernia!:xd:
I managed to make a deal and pay for one at Beltring.The guy didnt have it with him but he is a trusty seller that my buddies at the show knew.

best

waff

Last edited:
Hi Paul which version is it the Sd or the SC
The SD is 590mm nose to base plate Overall is 1090 mm
the SC is 680mm nose to base plate overall is 1091 mm
Diameter is 203 mm
cheers

Source Munitions Lexikon from official german drawings

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Squire.:tinysmile_shy_t:

I shall inform my pal tomorrow.
Im not exactly sure which type the bomb is yet?

best

waff

Last edited:
SD-50 bomb weight 54kg (119lb), explosive weight 16kg (35.2lb).

SC-50 bomb weight 40-54kg (110-119lb), explosive weight 25kg (55lb).

I'd estimate inert SD-50 38kg (83.7lb), SC-50 15-29kg (33-64lb).

Source: German air-dropped weapons to 1945. Wolfgang Fleischer.

Your lucky to get your hand on one of these. The guy in the large ordnance tent at Beltring has these for sale back home. 900 euros.
Did you see the two types of 10kg bombs one of the stall holders had in this tent.

Hi BMG,

I did see those nice SD10`s,out of my price range this year but i may have a stab at one next year.
The ones that were sold for that amount were in super condition with tails,the one im buying has no tails and was originally delivered by the Luftwaffe circa 1940!:afraid:
After talks with one of our esteemed members before i committed an offer,
i think both the seller and me got a good deal either way,i cant wait to get my mitts on it!

best

waff

Last edited:
Is this one of them ?

Your lucky to get your hand on one of these. The guy in the large ordnance tent at Beltring has these for sale back home. 900 euros.
Did you see the two types of 10kg bombs one of the stall holders had in this tent.

This picture was taken in the "Big ordnance Tent" at Beltring-is this the Bomb ???

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• SD SC Bomb.JPG
    SD SC Bomb.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 101
Hi Chris,
No,thats def not the one,but i remember seeing a similar one like that one pictured on another stall

will post the pics of mine asap.

best

waff

The bomb in the picture is not a german 50 Kg , as this bomb pictured appears to have a nose fuze! or is it part of a dinort rod .

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't a bomb at all, it is a German 24 cm flugelmine ( mortar bomb ) or the french version of it.

Argh that why having a closer look i couldnt see how the fins were attached thanks for that info

Sc500

Hi Chaps,

Do any of you boys have the weight and length specs on the empty case for a 50Kg please?.It saves me having to root out my books which are buried whilst im having some work done at the house.
Im having one shipped to me for the next Leeds show and i dont want my pal to end up with a bloody hernia!:xd:
I managed to make a deal and pay for one at Beltring.The guy didnt have it with him but he is a trusty seller that my buddies at the show knew.

best

waff
Hi Waff
Glad to hear that the 50s are still turning up! and hopefully not to extortionatley priced.
I have nearly cracked the big one
by the end of this week i should have my SC500 complete with 17a and a minty Zus 40 of which i will post some pics.
Still looking for the 250 but confident one will turn up if i dont look to hard.
still working on repro SC50 tails but will also turn a set out for the big one.
once i have worked out how to upload pics then i will post some of my 50s
one in particular that is loaded with eagle marks number stamps and a massive 1940 date even better it still has both locking rings.
catch you soon mate
Satan 18

:tinysmile_classes_tAh!,good to hear from you again my friend!

I was wondering how the project had gone? Please def post some pics when it arrives.
Looking forward to them!
cheers and best

waff

Is this of any good for a SC50Bi? You must be ok at maths though...

Filling - 24.4kg
Total Weight = 55.5kg

OK, then the case weight is:

31.1kg

Hope that helps...