What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

67 cut

SG500

Premium Member
I've been trying to work out how to cut a 67 for weeks.
I couldn't manage to get any screws moved at all so had to work out where to cut the fuze without damaging too much inside.
Finally plucked up courage and was pleased with the result.
The great thing about sectioning things is it teaches you more about the thing you are cutting. Would you believe it I had often wondered what the thing on top of the main fuze assembly was (don't worry I did know there wasn't anything in it that went bang!!) but it was only when I chopped it up that I realised it was the main spring to make the whole movement work, DOH, I can be a little slow sometimes!!!:tinysmile_eyebrow_t.
Photos show it as it arrived a few weeks ago (its on the left), then after cutting, and finally several photos of the finished result.
Now to find a suitable body to cut, watch this space.........
Dave.

Attachments

• 21st March 2010 004.jpg
    21st March 2010 004.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 41
  • 67 cut 002.jpg
    67 cut 002.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 67 cut 005.jpg
    67 cut 005.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 39
  • 67 cut 007.jpg
    67 cut 007.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 67 cut 008.jpg
    67 cut 008.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 67 cut 009.jpg
    67 cut 009.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 45
I've been trying to work out how to cut a 67 for weeks.
I couldn't manage to get any screws moved at all so had to work out where to cut the fuze without damaging too much inside.
Finally plucked up courage and was pleased with the result.
The great thing about sectioning things is it teaches you more about the thing you are cutting. Would you believe it I had often wondered what the thing on top of the main fuze assembly was (don't worry I did know there wasn't anything in it that went bang!!) but it was only when I chopped it up that I realised it was the main spring to make the whole movement work, DOH, I can be a little slow sometimes!!!:tinysmile_eyebrow_t.
Photos show it as it arrived a few weeks ago (its on the left), then after cutting, and finally several photos of the finished result.
Now to find a suitable body to cut, watch this space.........
Dave.

Well Done Dave:tinysmile_twink_t2:
These are always a tricky one to cut especially the lower half or clock casing.

Best phil

Thanks Phil.
If you hear of any dug 70's I'd be interested, the hacksaw is our of the box and in danger of carving up my collection!:burnout:
Dave.

Thanks Phil.
If you hear of any dug 70's I'd be interested, the hacksaw is our of the box and in danger of carving up my collection!:burnout:
Dave.

I will keep an ear out but beware as the 70 is a real tough one to do
as a lot of the internals are fixed in to the bottom half,a bit like the 41a,and i lost my bottle a bit:cry:.

Best phil

Thats a very nice job you made of that 67 Dave, excellent work!!

Lock the rest of your collection away though, this sectioning can become infectious.

Love to have a go at a 70 myself, there just aren't enough of them around!!

regards Kev

Thanks guys, you're right about it getting infectious Kev, give it a go Waff, it'll give you a really good understanding of how they work.
Dave.