What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

67 Time Delay Sectional

satan18

After sifting through a few 67s i have it was decided to take a few to bits
and see if i can get another sectional fuse done.

This will be in a few postings as i am still in the sorting stage.

I had a fairly reasonable top that had a lot of corrosion on one edge
so i took slightly more out on the cut.

I have a few movements that i will clean up and decide on the best one to use.

The base section is badly corroded on one side,which i can use as the cut edge.

I may experiment with a little bit of filler to take out the worst of the pitting,unless
i can emery it out.

Attachments

• 67 Sectioning Time 022.jpg
    67 Sectioning Time 022.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 67 Sectioning Time 027.jpg
    67 Sectioning Time 027.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 67 Sectioning Time 028.jpg
    67 Sectioning Time 028.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 67 Sectioning Time 002.jpg
    67 Sectioning Time 002.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
After sifting through a few 67s i have it was decided to take a few to bits
and see if i can get another sectional fuse done.

Very nice ongoing project you have there Phil. I'm sure you'll make an excellent job of it, as you did your first. Will look forward to seeing future posts.
May I ask how you got the arming rod out from the fuze top? Did you have to file down the end to get it through the thread, or is there another way?
Keep up the good work
Kev

Nice work Phil, look forward to seeing the progress reports.

Dave.

Nice job again Phil.
Ive decided to just pick away on the body of the one im keeping to expose the innards.
Kev,Dave can you PM me please about the 67's i have reserved for you as they were promised by me and i will come through with the deals.

best

waff

Very nice ongoing project you have there Phil. I'm sure you'll make an excellent job of it, as you did your first. Will look forward to seeing future posts.
May I ask how you got the arming rod out from the fuze top? Did you have to file down the end to get it through the thread, or is there another way?
Keep up the good work
Kev

Hi Kev

Thanks Mate On this one i had to take a bit more out of the top so the spindle just released itself.

I will be screwing it back once i have finished working on the top section

Best phil

Nice job again Phil.
Ive decided to just pick away on the body of the one im keeping to expose the innards.
Kev,Dave can you PM me please about the 67's i have reserved for you as they were promised by me and i will come through with the deals.

best

waff
Thanks Mate

I had to struggle to get these apart,but hopefully will be able to get
something out of it.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Hi Phil,
Silly question maybe, but I was just wondering what you have the fuze parts standing in, in the pots? and is it for lubricating the parts or to clean them?
Also do you have any tips for getting out the screws, I see you have removed them from the head in the picture and looks quite a clean job, despite the apparant wear on the fuze itself?? or am I getting into trade secrets??
regards Kev

Nice job again Phil.

best

waff

Thanks Waff your pm box is full so I've e mailed you.

Dave.

Hi Phil,
Silly question maybe, but I was just wondering what you have the fuze parts standing in, in the pots? and is it for lubricating the parts or to clean them?
Also do you have any tips for getting out the screws, I see you have removed them from the head in the picture and looks quite a clean job, despite the apparant wear on the fuze itself?? or am I getting into trade secrets??
regards Kev

Hi Kev

All Good questions which i dont hold back any answers to especially if it helps out on stripping another fuse.

Plus Gas is the lubricant that i soak most things in and with the screws there is only one on the 67 that allways gives me greif,and that is the top one that sits on its own.
I normally release the 4 main screws by using my pencil flame torch followed by a few good taps and turns combined which breaks the initial
grip.
Once off i run a 3mm tap through and clean the threads in the bodie,then clean the screws and soak them in cold black solution which gives them a factory look ,this should also be used on the striking hammer in the movement.

Hope this helps

Best phil

Cheers for that Phil,
Thats all useful information, good to know how its done. Might come in useful for one or two of the threaded 41's I have, those screws are quite stubborn little things sometimes!!
regards
Kev

67 sectional update

Next stage in the 67 project is to clean a movement and hopefully
get some life into it.

i selected the best one out of five movements,which did tick for a short while until the balance wheel spring gave up.

I have two more that are being rebuilt by my watchmaker and will be used on other projects,as these were ticking ok but just needed cleaning.

I am going to pool the rest of the movements into a parts collection and
re build as many as i can out of what i have.

Next came a selected base that will be cut almost to match the top.
This has had a lot of pitting removed for looks more than anything.

Next stage is cutting the base and re finishing all the screws to hold it together.

Best phil

Attachments

• 67 Section 002.jpg
    67 Section 002.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 67 Section 003.jpg
    67 Section 003.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 67 Section 005.jpg
    67 Section 005.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 67 Section 006.jpg
    67 Section 006.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 67 Section.jpg
    67 Section.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Wow,looking real sweet there Phil. That last shot just caps it pal :)
I think i need to find us another source soon for some more 67's methinks.

best

waff

Wow,looking real sweet there Phil. That last shot just caps it pal :)
I think i need to find us another source soon for some more 67's methinks.

best

waff

Thanks paul,

The results from these have suprised me as they were in a bit of a mess.
I am saving the last two movements that are Al minters but have cost a small amount to get them that way. Lets get Hunting

Best phil

Next stage in the 67 project is to clean a movement and hopefully
get some life into it.

Wow! Fantastic job your doing there Phil, looks amazing! Credit to you on that one!! Can't wait to see the finished section!!
Kev

Wow! Fantastic job your doing there Phil, looks amazing! Credit to you on that one!! Can't wait to see the finished section!!
Kev

Thanks Kev
I was a bit gutted the spring went on me but no worries as it will still look ok once back in its cases.

Just a little bit more movment cleaning to do and re black the screws.

best phil