What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

67mm projectile? is there such a thing?

youngbrain

hello Guys...:)

This is what i have, I got this from a local scrap yard. This projectile was badly corroded & pitted before. I forgot to take a photo of it before i turned & painted it but i got the dimensions before working on it..:)

rough Dimensions are:

67mm in diameter
225mm in lenth
36mm (approximately) mouth diameter w/ 1.75mm thread pitch
the rotating band groove is about 10mm wide

what kind of projectile is this? Does anyone have this same kind?

By the way i got it without the rotating band in place, i just made the band from 40mm type-k copper tubes.

Waiting to hear from you... THAnks

andrew

Attachments

• Photo-0170.jpg
    Photo-0170.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 62
hi andrew nice job can you take a closer picture of the driving band you made please

thanx lee

ok not a positive id...I assume this was a Philippine scrapyard you found this in ,so ive just been wondering if this is a Japanese 70mm ,that now measures 67mm due to corrosion,..just a thought not a positive id

hi andrew nice job can you take a closer picture of the driving band you made please

thanx lee

Sure thing, I'll just look for a good camera so i can have a sharper shot of it... I only have a cell phone camera...:)

Thanks Sir Lee :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Maybe its a 70mm projectile then, but i'm clueless what it look like, mean the color scheme & the corresponding shell of it... any detailed pics please?... :)

i dont have any good quality pictures to confirm what i think it is,,but i have found this one showing a Jap 70mm HE for the type 92 howitzer.The measurements are 70mm dia and 234mm long ,im assuming this is including the fuze collar as shown on my picture which appears to be absent on yours,this collar is roughly 10mm deep, so minus the collar it would match in with yours at 225 mm long...

Attachments

• images_A_A2052UP010.JPG
    images_A_A2052UP010.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 28