What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7,3cm Propaganda Werfer 41 (PrW41) - Leaflets WANTED !! :o)

RichardB

Premium Member
I thought Id share a pictures purchase this year, this isnt what I normally collect, but still one of my favourites due to its condition and beautifully crafted yet absurd over engineering.
The pictures below show a German 7,3cm PrW41 Propaganda Rocket in excellent condition with all parts retaining their original markings, as well as the bakelite(?) cap.

If anyone else has a similar rocket interesting knowledge of when and where they were used. Id love to see.

Also if anyone has any leaflets for sale, please let me know

German 7,3cm Propaganda-Werfer 41 Front View.jpgGerman 7,3cm Propaganda-Werfer 41 Disassembled.jpgGerman 7,3cm Propaganda-Werfer 41 Rocket Nozzle.jpg

Hope you like
Rich

Rich,
Thank you for sharing. Good photo work. I collect propaganda dissemination devices (bomb, rocket, artillery, mortar, grenade) and their leaflets. I would suggest checking this web site: http://www.propaganda-leaflets.com/englishindex.html . This is the web site of Dr. Klaus Kirchner and as you bowse the catalog of leaflets you will see the delivery method listed (artillery, rocket, grenade). Your piece is quite nice. I would love to have the the small frame that was used to fire the PrGs 41. Simple but effective.
regards,
Doug

Hi Doug

Yes, the small launch frame would be a really nice acquisition and show off the rocket perfectly, but I very much doubt many remain though!. Have you seen any in museums?
Do you have details of where these devices we used? various sieges?
Do you have any other examples to show?

Eitherway, thanks for your message, Ill contact Dr.Kirchner to see if he can help

regards
Rich

I have seen a number of propaganda rockets found in Northern Finland, also one launcher relic which was in a private collection here. This collector has passed away and unfortunately I have no idea where the launcher now is. The launcher is quite funny - looks rather a collapsed bed frame than a weapon.

Thats a shame, it would be nice to see a picture of the launcher.
Eitherway, Ive added a picture here of one being inspected.

Any more Propaganda rockets out there?

7.3 cm propagandawerfer 41.jpg

Rich

Here one inert that has been dug up in Finland. Not as nice as yours.

Attachments

• propaganda.jpg
    propaganda.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 51
Rich,

In Herr Kirchner's Leaflet Collector (catalog) #2 there is a picture on page 12 of the Pr Gs 41 with launcher. I will attempt to upload it here. Also, I attempt a picture from the Wehrtechnikmuseum (http://www.wehrtechnikmuseum.de/) which shows a great example of the launcher at the left side of the photo. I would love to have the dimensions for to make
a reproduction.

Pr Gs41 with Launcher_Kirchner_cat2_pg12.jpgk-Rak-1.jpg

Hope these help. Merry Christmas,

Doug

Attachments

• Pr Gs41 with Launcher_Kirchner_cat2_pg12.jpg
    Pr Gs41 with Launcher_Kirchner_cat2_pg12.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 44
Fjordhouse,
This is the first I have seen of this carrier. The carrier appears to be made of a heavy cardboard, is it? Do you have a picture with the cover open to see how the the inside of the box is constructed? Thank you very much for sharing and if your collection gets too crowded, I would be willing to offer this item a good home!!!
Doug