What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7,5cm Kw.K 40 PZGR 39

Jose__

Always having good deals with the lord of ammunitions, todays capture is a nice KWK 40 PZGR 39 cartridge coming with the matching metal container for pzgr rounds, everything in nice shape and stamped 1944!! shell casing its almost immaculate! was the marking 6339st indicating a treated shell casing ? (to give that brass color)

IMG_2091.JPGIMG_2092.JPGIMG_2093.JPGIMG_2095.JPGIMG_2098.JPGIMG_2099.JPGIMG_2100.JPGIMG_2104.JPGIMG_2105.JPGIMG_2106.JPGIMG_2108.JPG

I agree with thekees, absolutely stunning Jose__ and the nicest Kwk40 I've seen.
Well done
Rich

Condition is amazing and all the parts for the container. Really nice item.

Thank you for the pictures.

PC

Yes but living in Finland is cheating. I'm convinced they grow on trees there.

PC

He's right!!! living in Findland its hacking the rules!

anyway your container is just amazing..

what the stencil on pzgr was meaning?

IMG_2094.JPG

Last edited:
Yes but living in Finland is cheating. I'm convinced they grow on trees there.

PC

;) I have found lots of these for European collectors.I personally dont collect bigger than 20mm anymore,but even so...i keep saving these beauties for others.

Here one with Finnish Stencils,not seen many of these here.Useally these are with original german stencils:
75pskr1.jpg

Last edited:
A nice German 75mm AP projectile with original paint and markings just sold on ebay in the US for $600. My observations of the US market (and the sale of one of my nice KwK 40 HE rounds) leads me to conclude that such a nice projectile/case combination commands $1200 in the US.

I would suggest that Jose's round and packaging in the first thread would sell for £500-£600 in UK given its excellent condition. (JMHO - I'm sure others would argue more or less). This isn't far off the US price given they're alot less common over there.....on the plus side, you should be able to pickup US & Japanese items more easily than in EU
Rich

So not to feel let out I have added my pictures. The ropy Sprgr 34 shell is no longer in my collection but I still have the yellow stenciled container. Unfortunately I was never able to find a blue stenciled container for a Gr.38 HL shell.

From most collection pictures it seems the Sprgr 34 projectile is more difficult to discover in similar conditions to good Pzgr 39 projectiles.

PC

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 51
If it's the guy from California selling all the German rounds. Looks like Ebay shut him down.

I have nice 75mm Spgr 34's coming out my whazoo. 12 on hand with another dozen in bound. Pzgr 39 is the hard one for me.