What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.5cm Sprgr34 + gain

StielGr

I have been on the search for some good 7.5cm Sprgr34 projectiles for a long time so it has got to the stage where I have to take what I can find.

This is my latest projectile and although the condition is good unfortunately all the original paint is gone.

Interesting along with the projectile came two very nice 7.5cm gains which you do not often see. Both have stamps on the base with a date on one. It is interesting to see the different thread arrangement. The other small fuze is just there for a size comparison.

If anyone has any pictures of their German 7.5cm HE projectiles I would love to see them please.

PC

Attachments

• IMG_2099.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2101.jpg
    IMG_2101.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 56
Thank you Waff.
I try and keep up with all the big boys on here but I think I am struggling a bit.

The 7.5cm Sprgr34 was fitted to the Pak40, KwK40 and the (short) KwK case.

PC

Just curious. The gaine with the "rim" on it (the one on the right) - how is it installed in the projectile? I mean, how is the fuze fitted on top of it?

Ray

Just curious. The gaine with the "rim" on it (the one on the right) - how is it installed in the projectile? I mean, how is the fuze fitted on top of it?

Ray

Very good question and now that I have checked for the first time the answer is......it doesn't even fit in. :stupido:
That's what I get for making assumptions without checking first. Have you any idea what projectile it might be from?

PC

The gaine with rim is used the shells what have M50 fuze screws. For example in HE grandes 88mm (as Paul wrote), 10,5cm, 15cm, etc. Used with an adapter. The adapter's external screw is M50 and the internal screw is M33.