What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.62mm & 9mm blank id

smle2009

Hi to all,
Trying to find the country of origin and manufacturer of these white plastic 7.62mm and 9mm blanks,neither have headstamps.
The 7.62mm blank is in quiet a grotty condition but will have to remain until I turn up a decent one.
Any help with the id of these blank would be great.

All the best
Tony

Attachments

• P4190001.JPG
    P4190001.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 22
  • P4190002.JPG
    P4190002.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 21
French and French. Will see if i can find the box for manufacturers details. I think the 7.62 maybe 7.5 mas.
Cheers
Hangarman

Plastic blanks

Hi Tony

These were made by SFM. They purchased a licence from Bakelitefabriken in Norway to manufacture plastic blanks.

SFM made them in 9mmP, .30-06, 7.5 MAS, 7.62mm and .50 Browning.

Regards
TonyE

Many thanks guys,
Hangerman you are right,checked it against a 7.5 MAS ball round,is indeed 7.5mm.
TonyE, is The Norwiegian firm the same who made the red blank and blue practice plastic rounds/cartridges?
Cheers
Tony

Bakelitefabriken

Yes, the same company that made a range of blanks in several colours. They held the plastic blank patent and licenced it to other manufacturers, so the actual blank could have been made by several companies.

The short range plastic rounds were a Dynamit Nobel (DAG) patent I believe, and most were made by them.

Cheers
TonyE