What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7,65 cm

FZG76

Ordnance approved
Hello

I search for informations on the projectile. I think it is a Yugoslavian projectile 7.65 cm used by the German army.
Someone there any informations, drawings, especially paintings and markings for restoration !!

thank you a lot !!!

CAM00479.jpg

Hi

I have the projectile at the office. For measurements it's possible on Monday !! Sorry

can you please meassure the length without fuze adapter?

If I remember, it's something like 235mm without big brass fuze adapter (total length with fuze, gaine and adapter : 310mm)
I think for 8cm M5/8/17 gun.

Last edited:
Thanks minenaz16!

Someone have he drawings, paintings and markings for restoration

It is Czech Vz.08 projectile used by Kingdom of Yugoslavia Army prior to WWII, but I am not sure whether it was used by Wehrmacht. Shell Vz.25 7,65mm designated as 8cm Sprgr. M25 (j) by Germans definitely is.

Thank you al'saad.
Lot of these rounds were found this year on the area of the Atlantic Wall (with lot of other yugoslavian captured shells "7.65cm AZ Gr. 275 (j) - jug 28 -").
Regards

Picture of cases :

case 8cm yug.jpgcase 8cm yug2.jpg

The shell was originally a german 7,5 cm shell with K.Z.11 Gr. Geb. fuze for the austrian Skoda 7,5 cm M.15 mountain gun (the official length was 236 mm). It's right that it was converted to calibre 7,65. The conversion was done by adding a forward driving band and eventually by replacing the rear driving band with a larger diameter. But I guess the rear driving band is the original one. The groove in the rear driving band looks exactly like from the original 7,5 cm shell. Such adapters from german or austrian fuze threads to french 24 mm thread are typical for yugoslavian shells.

There was also a second type of this 7,65 cm shell which used the gaine from the K.Z.11 fuze. The brass fuze adapter screwed directly into the K.Z.11's gaine and had itself a thread for French 24-31 Mle.15 time and percussion fuze. The 24-31 Mle.15 gaine ignited the K.Z.11 gaine which detonated the shell - that's improvisation.

Last edited:
It is Czech Vz.08 projectile used by Kingdom of Yugoslavia Army prior to WWII, but I am not sure whether it was used by Wehrmacht. Shell Vz.25 7,65mm designated as 8cm Sprgr. M25 (j) by Germans definitely is.

I not like to contradict, but this shell has no czech connection other then that the gun which fired it could have been made by Skoda (but also Böhler made the 8 cm guns). It's a shell from german production with a yogoslavian made brass fuze adapter and a French fuze.

FZG76 can try to screw a K.Z.11, K.Z.14, L.K.Z.16, etc. in - I think it will fit perfectly.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers !

I will try to screw a KZ tomorrow. Thanks Alpini

Can anyone give me the paints for the restoration ...

thank you very much

DSCF6617.jpg DSCF6626.jpg

They had yellow color. But my copy of the "Kennblätter fremden Geräts" is so badly scanned that I can't read any text...

Much information circulates and that's great!
Very thank Alpini for valuables informations.
The case was marked Dusseldorf in 1917 and above 38. It is certain, a German shell originally.

The case was marked Dusseldorf in 1917 and above 38. It is certain, a German shell originally.

That sounds interesting. Can you show pictures? Normally they should use Austro-Hungarian cases 76,5 x 230R or 76,5 x 284R. I not remember that there were german produced cases in 76,5 mm.

Last edited:
Hello,
to complete this useful topic I add this one, from this forum, made with austro ungarian 8cm M13 He shell
8cm.jpg
regards

Fert : another one of the modified family

8cm.jpg

Alpini : previous page I show 2 pictures of one of cases found with "Fzg76" shell.