What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.92 X 94 and X 57

Slick

The X94 are steel case and lacquered. Sadly, so corroded the h/s is illegible. Arrived with the loose wood projectiles.

Research shows designation as either Platzpatrone 318 or Triebpatrone 312 Gewehrgranate

Steel case may = grenade launch

Either for practice or grenade launching. Not sure which.
SAA 7.92 X 93 wooden grenade launch.jpg

The X57 might be 7mm vs 7.9. Regardless, here are the respective h/s:
SAA 7 X 57 wooden.jpg SAA 7 X 57 wooden 2.jpg SAA 7 x 57 wooden 3.jpg
Note knurl ring.

#3 might be steel case. I'll check when I get back out there.

Curious as to whether the X57s were for practice or grenade launching. The knurled one might be grenade. I have a 7.92 X 57 rose crimp blank I'll show and ask about later.

Your 7.9 x 57 are blanks - grenade launchers are with smaller wood bullets, rosette crimped or sealing-disc.
Your 7.9 x 94 are grenade launchers..... blanks c/w with the standard 7,9 x 57 wood bullet.
The knurling indicates a reloaded case.
Hope tis helps,
regards

Your P151 blank 33 (Sorte 1) is made of a reworked case.
The P131was ordered as a blank 33. and the “fva” was made from a bad quality case who were used to make blank 33 rounds of.

The Germans found out in an early stage of WW2 that it was not a good idea to shoot at a tank with an 8mm bullet.
They rebuild the existing rifles to rifle grenade launchers.

The cartridges for the 8x57 rifle grenades changed during WW2 depending on the grenades fired.

Rgds

Attachments

• Pzb.JPG
    Pzb.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Treiber.jpg
    Treiber.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: