What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.92mm id

smle2009

Hi,
can anyone id the country of origin of this 7.92mm drill round.

Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• P9280004.JPG
    P9280004.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 68
Israeli, 1951 manufacture. The three letter manufacturer's code at the top of the headstamp are transcribed as 'MIN' in my references, but it is not clear which company this refers to.

It's actually closer to "MYN", and translates to the acronym for Weapons Producing Factory. Soon after, the headstamp was changed to the equivalent of "MYT", Ammunition Producing Factory. Both are early IMI headstamps. I'm not sure if the date of the headstamp change corresponds to the opening of the IMI ammunition plant in Nazareth, but it is possible.

oops

Just re-found another one of these on my MG42 belt(thought I had seen one of these before!) but these have a much clearer headstamp!!!!!
sorry lads:eek:oh:
Pic of other drill round and ball of the same manufacturer,any ideas?

Tony

Attachments

• PA010023.JPG
    PA010023.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 21
  • PA010025.JPG
    PA010025.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 22
Were these Israeli 7.92x57 rounds imported into the UK as shooter ammo? There seems to be quite a few of them around here.