What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.92mm step

Hi TonyE,
Do you know the head stamp for the Spanish rounds as the ammo that is being used more & more at present in my neck of the woods is headstamped T,both ball & blank have a black annulus, the other 5.56mm in use is from FNB(Belgium) & CBC(Brazil) for 7.62mm,I have not yet found out were the ammo marked T comes from, they also come with a horrid plastic stripper clip!

Cheers Tony

The Spanish ammunition from Santa Barbara is headstamped "SB date Nato mark" as far as I remember.

I would be interested in a round of each of these "bought-in" types if possible, as they are all now British military issue.

Your question about the "T" headstamp has already been answered, and this was the RUAG ammo I mentioned in my previous post. RUAG seem to be taking over in Europe in every sense of the word. They are also supplying the .338 Lapua Magnum ammo for the new sniper rifle.

Regards
TonyE

Hi TonyE,
should be able to sort some out for you,will send PM later, ment to be clearing up before missus gets home! what is the latest(by L No.) R G 5.56mm ball & blank do you have in your collection?
Regards Tony,