What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75 x 128R Case

Falcon

I have seen this for sale. Apparently the dimensions are:

Calibre: 75mm

Case length: 128mm

Rim diameter: 85mm

See photo of headstamp. Looks to be made at FN under German occupation. Arabic writing on the primer would suggest made for Turkey. What gun was this case for?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Attachments

• headstamp.jpg
    headstamp.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 133
FN = Friedrich Niemeyer,
HL = Haniel Luege Dsseldorf (brass factory)

If the measurements would add up to 75 x 125R it would be for the
7,5 cm Feld Kanone M15 (Skoda).

Regards, Jan

Thanks for that.

I have the 75mm M15 case listed as 75 x 130R. As this is a separately loading gun, case length is not essential, so I'm sure that's what it is.

Turkey

Is this made for Turkey? Or possibly someone else? I didn't know there was German ordnance used by Turkey

Joe

This sold on ebay earlier on for 10.50 . I didn't buy it as it's not really my collecting area.

Something odd about the case was that it had "Siege of Somme" and a royal artillery badge crudely drawn on the side with punched dots. Strange to be on a 1918 shell. The battle of the somme happened in 1916. Also, the listing said that the seller's grandfather had done the engraving. If that was in my family, I sure wouldn't sell it on ebay for a tenner.

the listing can be seen here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200477983375&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT