What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75mm Bofors

bacarnal

Ordnance Approved/Premium
Ordnance approved
Just received 2 BRAND NEW 75mm Bofors casings. The question I have is what weapon this went to and if anyone has pictures of the rounds associated with it. Cheers, Bruce.

P1260772.jpg

P1260773.jpg

P1260774.jpg

What are the dimensions of the shell case? I recently opened up a thread with a casing with comparable stamp but a shorter case. My case is most likely to go with the French Schneider mountain gun of 1928, used in France, by Germany in WW2 and exported to several countries..

Hoeksel, Case length is 240mm, rim diameter is 90mm, and base above rim is 81mm. Rim thickness is 3.5mm. Inside diameter at mouth is 74.5mm, outside is 77mm. Thanks, Bruce.

Last edited:
Hi, I do have 2 of these cases from 1940, made in Switserland. As for rarity, you do not see them often but I would not consider them rare. My other CM 28 case has a different rim diameter and is therefore something completely different, and indeed for a different mountain gun.