What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75mm from 1941

Bruce

I was at a gun show today and picked a up a 75mm projectile from a Sherman, it was fired but it's in great condition I was wondering how much something like this is worth,
The headstamp reads LOT-9349-2 -1941- B.S.CO - 75mm. T-12.
Thanks'

Hello, and welcome.

I live right around the corner from you and have purchased many World War 2 dated 75mm projectiles, in different states of condition.

The last one I purchased was in central Ohio, a fired 75mm M62. It was at an antique mall for $25.00.

Here in West Virginia I purchased a complete 75mm M61A1, minus it's rotating band for $20.00, and a 75mm M61 (BSCO=Bethlehem Steel Co.)minus it's ballistics cap and windshield for $25.00.

In Kentucky, at the Show of Shows I got a rotating bandless 75mm M62 with a 3/50 caliber casing for $25.00.

I have also purchased many HE 75mm projectiles from both World War 1 and 2 around here for no more than $30.00 a piece.

The last HE shell I purchased, was a MK1 without it's rotating band for $10.00 at the MAX Show in PA.