What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75mm unknown Soviet?? weekend pick up

Jawasinger

Please help ID. 75mm or 3in. Has a solid bottom, total length minus wood plug is 294mm, adapter is 26mm in height. below is all the markings I can find on the base.
75.jpgu1.jpgu2.jpg

Looks like a Russian 76mm "French pattern". Nice to see one in such good condition. Could you measure the exact diameter?

got the exact diameter and still come up with 3 inch. I forgot I had a Russian 76mm so I took a photo side by side. besides the small mm difference the adapter on the gray one has a set screw in the side and is also about 2 mm taller.
100.jpg

I had this photo in my library saved it from another discussion here on BOCN which I cant seem to find again but hey called it a US 3"
3in shells.JPG

If the symbol on your drawing at the 3h position is correct than it should be a Russian one or let's say for Russia. The US also made these.