What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75mm

Lou

Since I find myself between jobs at the moment,Ive had a lil extra time to finish some projects Ive been meaning to put together.

Mech Time Fuze M43A3 N.C.R. 1943/Bought after Ebay pulled the sellers auction.Fuze is as mint as Ive ever had.

Projectile Stamped in steel CM93 A M.I.R-1-77-1944-75mm M48 and the lil flame bomb insig. Was bought at an antique shop 1% original paint with dust rust and slight pitting on the back of the shell.Saved this one just in time,another year and it would have been a basket case.Repainted and stamped as close as I could get it.

Case,Steel?Marked,Shell M48 Normal 74mm M18-B1 "The taller 13-3/4" type"Found in a different shop,as is,untouched or cleaned with the big black NORMAL inked on the sid eof the case.

Let me know what you guys think? Good or bad? Maybe it needs weathering?Its my first resto project.

Attachments

• DCP00539.JPG
    DCP00539.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DCP00531.JPG
    DCP00531.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DCP00532.JPG
    DCP00532.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DCP00540.JPG
    DCP00540.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DCP00537.JPG
    DCP00537.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 73
Very nice job Lou,and you say its your first resto project ,well done.( i would only give it a slight weathering so it blends more with the cartridge

Nice shell. I have never seen a steel case in this calibre in the UK. I suppose people just didn't save them because they werent brass that could be polished into a nice shiny ornament.