What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

84 mm HEAT cutaway

rottenfuhrer

This is the FFV551 from the carlgustaf-system
Rocketassisted with a range of 700 meters

Attachments

• 551-1.jpg
    551-1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 266
  • 551-2.jpg
    551-2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 551-3.jpg
    551-3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 551-4.jpg
    551-4.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 125
Sorry. I think they are out of stock

here is another one

Attachments

• smk 1.jpg
    smk 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 135
  • smk 3.jpg
    smk 3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 110
  • smk 4.jpg
    smk 4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 109
  • smk 2.jpg
    smk 2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 136
  • smk 5.JPG
    smk 5.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 99
Are all these rounds based on the low pressure principle? IE large case with small powder charge?

These rounds are for the antitank weapon carl gustaf and it is a backblastweapon .The charge is filling the whole case.
Here in sweden you are only allowed to shoot 6 rds/24 hr because of the pressure risk to harm your body

Those are absolutely beautifull cutatway models. I would love to add them to my collection:tinysmile_tongue_t:
What is the penetration of the HEAT projectile?
Regards DJH

Most modern HEAT rounds for Carl-Gustaf feature either single or a tandem shaped-charge warhead, and a rocket booster for increased range, and can penetrate up to 500 mm of armor behind the ERA protection.

I got to fire an 84mm during my last exercise in the Army. When it went off, the backblast that the firer experienced was like someone slapping you full in the face with an opened-up wet towel.

These rounds are for the antitank weapon carl gustaf and it is a backblastweapon .The charge is filling the whole case.
Here in sweden you are only allowed to shoot 6 rds/24 hr because of the pressure risk to harm your body

The recommended limit in the U.S. is lower still: 3 rounds max, though there are resports of troops exceeding that number and experiencing internal aches, likely injuries, blood in urine, etc. I believe the propellant is know as AGB-204? Anyone have a photo of it?

I located a photo of the Indian-made equivalent propellant known as NGB-204 at this link:

http://www.weaponsindia.com/propellants.htm

Just amazing! Some of the nicest sectioned rounds that I have seen. BEAUTIFUL!

Jason