What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8cm HE german

pkm594

Ordnance approved
I have a 8cm German HE bomb (Empty of cousre) and am wondering what colour scheme it should be. It is rusty and will need cleaning up.

I only have rudimentary info on it from an old WWII allied guide to german munitions but it is balck and white and give no idea of colour sceme.
Any details will be helpful

Thanks

Hi.
Im sure that these were red or green depending on whether it was the `bouncing` type?

best
waff

Hi PKM I bought one a while ago that was a bit sad it had been repainted an evil red oxide primer colour that had gone pink and was covered in drips etc, so I painted it with a doorstep paint that had been in the garage from when my gran washed our clothes in a dolly tub outside and then I applied some jacobean (black) Brie wax and polished it and it seemed to look alright (to me anyway).

Cheers Daz

Will try and find the pic but I think it might already be on here somewhere in the raiders of the lost ark warehouse BOCN archives.

as if by magic.........
This the one Daz

Attachments

• mike_003.jpg
    mike_003.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 50
also have this may interest you

Attachments

• Scannen0026.jpg
    Scannen0026.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 79
bounding

Hi.
Im sure that these were red or green depending on whether it was the `bouncing` type?

best
waff
Bouncing type is that in the same context as in the tpe 69 rpg?

what fuze should I look for to add to my mortar and does any one have technical details for it.

Thanks so much for your help so far....