What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8x50R Lebel packaging vintage

Is the date of manufacture on these 8mm Lebel rounds 1939?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 48
hello,

yes it is 1939.

cheers

Thank You, do they have any " collector" status being dated 1939? The few places that I see it for sale is all post WW2 dated. I bought them as I have a WW1 dated Berthier and wanted one pack to exhibit with the rifle. The rest I plan to sell off and buy some modern manufactured rounds for shooting ( and that funny three round magazine that is required to load the rounds). I had no desire to shoot the Berthier, however, it is a fascinating unusual rifle that begs to be shot. My question, how the heck did France triumph in WW1 with such a clunker of a battle rifle?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
"My question, how the heck did France triumph in WW1 with such a clunker of a battle rifle?"

Because the Berthier wasn't the mainstream 'battle rifle',the Lebel was, and they had an awful lot of help. :xd: