What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

90mmAPC Importance of bits and pieces

Lou

So I was in my favorite shop just a few weeks ago and the owner brought forth a box with a bunch of junk in it.Nothing really useable,some really bad 40mm bofors projectiles,some WW1 37mm beat up brass,in really really bad shape.Nothing had any interest to me at all,,,Except,there was an unused what I thought to be,U.S. 3inch or 90mm APC crimp on type ballistic cap.I thought,what the heck,paid $10.00 bucks for it,had a bad case of buyers remorse as I left the shop,got it home and tossed it in my"future projects" pile.
Not more than a week later,while at a WWII collectables/Gun show,there on a table I spy a nice,presentable U.S.90mm APC projectile and cartridge,sitting there minus a ballistic cap.Ive bought from the guy before,told him I might have a ballistic cap,negotiated a good price,bought it,took it home and sure enough the cap popped right on to the projectile.
Photos below,the 45 dated 90mm next to a U.K./U.S. 57mm apc.
Maybe we should all post our bits and pieces boxes???????

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
Well done Lou, you lucky person!

For me its the same with rare cases or projectiles, I tend to buy them anyway just in case the other part comes along the week after.........sometimes they do!!

Dave.

Lucky finds.

What a lucky find Lou and in such a short time frame too:proud:

I usually give things away only to find the other bit turns up a few weeks later :tinysmile_cry_t4:!

Congrats! Once again, the earth can resume its normal rotation, as all is right with the world.