What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9mm red marker round???

paul the grenade

hi all.
im not normally interestested in small arms ammo but i saw this INERT ROUND the other day at a car boot for 50p and thought i would have it as it looked quite interesting. The headstamp is 9mm 07 IVI. The bullet is soft plastic and full of red powder. Looks to me like the white plastic piece is like a piston that shoots out about 5 mm when the round is fired and this throws out the bullet which is a not too tight fit in the piston.
Any other info would be appreciated.
Cheers, Paul.
PS sorry for the poor pics (I tried hard but couldn't get the quality any better)

Attachments

• 9mm round 1.jpg
    9mm round 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 9mm round 2.jpg
    9mm round 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 35
Hi Paul

It's what I class as a simmunition round used for practice room clearance drills etc.
You can shoot it at each other in mock senarios, there a bit like geting hit by paint balls but in my opinion seem to sting a bit more as have been hit by a few at the range in the past will leave a nice bruise.
You have to use them in modified guns due to the low power of them as it doesn't cycle the action properly in a normal one.
I have got clips and clips of diffent coloured ones I picked up at the range when we finished will take some pics of them as soon as I get the chance hope that helps a bit Paul cheers.

From bazooka Chris

Hi bazooka Chris
If you have any going spare I`d be interested in a deal/sale/swap?
I have a couple of 5.56 ones but all spent.
They REALLY sting if you get hit on a knuckle/finger joint!!! (or am I just soft?)

Canadian 9mm Simunition

The ammunition is delivered in this type of box.

9mmSimunition-frontview.jpg

hi guys

sorry i havn't posted the pics yet havnt even been in most of the week been taking a weeks holiday and been visiting museums.
as soon as i get in my gun gun room willl take pics as for spares hicky1300 not sure what spares i have as i cant remember without looking but i ow smle2009 some more stuff as he gave me an item for my collection so would have to give him first refusal if i did have any.

from bazooka chris

Last edited:
hi guys

heres the rounds the colours are blue, green, pink and orange.
i also have another sort shown in the pic instead of them being filled with coloured paint they as just black plastic tipped.
hope these pics are helpful cheers

from bazooka chris

ps. sorry about the quality of the pics there were taken with my mobile phone on a rubbish setting didnt find out until i just uploaded them

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpg
    IMG_1732.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Forgot to say
sorry hicky1300 I don't have any doubles must have traded them a while back

from bazooka chris