What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A 2pdr AA shell question

Radar697

I am new to this church so if i am in the wrong pew, please feel free to give directions to the right one.
I have a complete round for a 2 pdr AA gun. Instead of the usual percussion fuze, the projectile has a No. 125 mechanical time fuze. Can anyone tell me if this is a valid combination of fuze and projectile? If it is, under what circumstances would it have been used?

WWII 2pr AA shell did use this fuze. so if the fuze, case and proj. are of that date its the correct comination, however your shell looks a bit corroded for the stamping to show. There are lots of 2pr Aa shell photos here you'll just have to wade thru' the search facility.

Shell case is dated 1937. Projectile clearly shows 9/38. No date on the fuze. Many thanks for your assistance.