What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-6 (b) Japanese Fuze

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I was wondering if what I am looking at is correct? I know the OPs aren't always right, but according to the OP 1667 this is a A-6 (b) fuze for a Japanese Submunition (the Type 3). Is the OP Correct?

Joe

Attachments

• ICE-sd-16-2.JPG
    ICE-sd-16-2.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 29
  • ICE-sd-16-7.JPG
    ICE-sd-16-7.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 31
  • ICE-sd-16-8.JPG
    ICE-sd-16-8.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 23
No. If you read the beginning of the section in the OP/TM, the US had little information on the correct designations of the fuzes, so they set up their own system for identification. So any time that you start with those designations [ A-6 (b) etc. ] the answer is no, it is something that we made up. This fuze is one of the 3-4 variations of the fuze for the 1/2 kg sub, but not sure at the moment if I have the correct designation. Some of the fuzes we still don't have the full references, I would need to dig on this one. Might have time this weekend.

From my manuals the English translation of the Japanese designation for this fuze was "Type 3 Small Instantaneous Fuse".

My reference being TM E9-1984 Disposal Methods for Enemy Bombs & Fuzes - Section VII Japanese Fuzes.

This manual should be from memory available in my Downloads section on BOCN.

Last edited: