What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A B & S Mills Grenades

millsbomber

Premium Member
Visited Dug Ups Shop Saturday and had a good rummage around there workshop and found a No36 M Mk1 base plug made by A B & S 1940 i had not got one in the collection and was very pleased to get it at a very reasonable price, i knew i had a body to go with it but since looking i have found my example is from WW1 with a mis mash of other makers parts all from WW1, please if any other members have examples from A B & S thy could show as i would like to find out if there are any examples we could all see from either WW1 or WW2,,,,,,, Thanks Dave

HPIM7575.jpg HPIM7574.jpg

Nice find.Paul and Jay have been really helpful in the past helping me remove well and truly stuck centre tubes. Not sure what the neighbours thought though when they saw us heating a grenade with a blow torch and then hitting it with a hammer!RegardsMike

Nice find.Paul and Jay have been really helpful in the past helping me remove well and truly stuck centre tubes. Not sure what the neighbours thought though when they saw us heating a grenade with a blow torch and then hitting it with a hammer!RegardsMike

I thought that was all part of Mills Grenade collecting,,,,,,,,, Dave