What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of pictures for V40

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Something to look at until the forum swings back to something more modern.......

Attachments

• g30a.jpg
    g30a.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 62
  • g30b.jpg
    g30b.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 53
  • g31a.jpg
    g31a.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 67
  • g31b.jpg
    g31b.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 51
Both great photos! You don't usually think of Thuds flying in formation doing bombing like that.

Sub

Thanks for the pictures these are the kind I love to see!

Haz,

This way of bombing was called Iron Hand bombings with just the use of a flight or more of F105 Thunderchiefs and dropping their bomload on que from the EB-66. The EB-66 was also there to provide jaming and eary warning of SAMs. This didn't always work out because a Destroyer (name of the B-66) couldn't handle multiple launching of SAMs. Colonel Iceal Hambelton was flying an EB-66 when his aircraft was shot down from multiple SAMs. F105 Thunderchief is my all time favorite aircraft, bar none.

Sub, I love that picture of the CH-54B having the huge bomb underneath with the fuze extension, just awsome. She was another aircraft that use to fly around my house, and she was loud.

Thanks Sub you made my day!

Last edited: