What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few 20mm rounds ID help please?

ajf.350d

Just bought a few more 20mm rounds. I have a general idea what they are just want some extra info if possible.
The first one I believe is a 20mm 'Vulcan' M61 round. What is the loading though?
Second one is marked M103 ACN, which I understand is also from the M61? But it is distinctly different.
The third one I assume is an Oerlikon round given the green case! Again, which gun and the loading?
The final one was described as an AP Flak30 round. I notice the projectile should have a fuze, so was it HE also?
IMG_1546.jpgIMG_1547.jpgIMG_1548.jpgIMG_1549.jpgIMG_1550.jpgIMG_1552.jpgIMG_1554.jpgIMG_1557.jpgIMG_1558.jpg

The last is a Ap round with red tracer and self destruction function for flak 30, 38 and kwk30

Number 1 is 20 mm Vulcan most likely a repainted practice or possible "drill" projectile.
Number 2 Vulcan case with odd projectile-no idea as the band is not one I have seen many of.
6,7,& 8 is German 20 mm Solathurn as Munfrosh states.

the 1st tip is correct is a vulcan 20x102 TP
The 2 nd is not correct vulcan pod is but the tip is 20x139 PT-T
the 3rd is not correct Oerliker pod is 20x128 and the tip is vulcan TP
4 th is correct is a German Pierce soloturm 20x138b
Greetings

Thank you for the help. Seems I have an odd mixture :)
One thing however, having had a closer look at the green cased item, the case measure up to 110mm, which is not Oerlikon is it? I cannot make out all the headstamps but so far:
02 82 20mm M0D-0
I matches in size another item I purchased which was a USN 20x110. Could it be one of these that has been repainted? The projectile is different to that one so I again agree it is probably not correct.

Hi ,
Your green case has been painted.
This is a 20mm USN mk.100 case,(20 x 110) should just be a cad. plated steel case.
Also not the correct proj. should be similar to vulcan one ,but a shallower point angle.

cheers
Bob

Thanks for confirming that. I might try and strip the paint - any thoughts on best method?
I think the others I will seperate and display as cases and projectiles!

Andrew

Try spraying it with oven cleaner ,if its enamel it should come off easily.