What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a Few German cases

Really amazing kees. Thank you for such an excellent picture.

What are the large cases along the back?

PC

PC,

Those are 28 cm L40, 28 cm L45/50 (ww1 &ww2) and the famous 30,5 cm L/50 cases. These are unresistable to buy, luckely they dont show up every week. still looking for C/95 marked one of both the 30,5 cm and the 29 cm L/40, wont be easy, but you have to have a dream. Have to find the shells too, but i wont put as much shells as cases on the wooden beams :)

Hi TheKees,Thanks for showing,I can see why you had to reinforce the attic,you have a great collection there,
Regards,
Don, ps,for heavens sake dont knock them over,can you imagine the noise they would make,LoL,!

Jan,

Only once i decide to clean them or not, when there is a lot of residu, or salt that will harm the case on long term i will clean it, but mostly i like the patina, and leave it as it is. You cant get it back once it is removed.