What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few heavies...

starshell

Premium Member
Hi all,
Haven't posted for a while, what with a new addition to the family, but thought I'd finally show them off for your perusal.
Not a big collection but hope you enjoy it.
From L to R:
1st pic: 9.2", 8", 21cm, 17cm
2nd pic: 8"
3rd pic: 28cm French Mortier projectile with 18Pdr for comparison. On its own on account of its weight! Only people which weigh the same as a pamphlet can walk up to it, to stop it falling through the floor....
4th & 5th pic: a collection of 15cm HE, 15cm gas, 18Pdrs, 75mm HE, 4.5 HE & Schrapnel, 60Pdr HE & Schrapnel, 10.5cm HE & Schrapnel, 6" HE and a couple of pieces of misc shrapnel.
Last pic: A pair of cracking 8" HE.
All inert & empty/ FFE of course.
Cheers!

View attachment 96994View attachment 96995View attachment 96996View attachment 97001View attachment 97004View attachment 97008

Geez, nice stuff...it must be fun to move them around! I have a single 155 projectile, that beast weighs a ton!

Last edited:
Thanks pzjgr,
Yes, a few strained backs hauling it all around, especially the 28cm. Filled, it comes in at 205kg (mine is emptyof course). It took me 3 hours to transfer it from the car to its present position indoors when I first bought it, and I put my back out for days after. The wife loves it!...(ahem)....

Thanks Dickaren,
Re the reinforced floor... Erm.... working on it.....Much to the wife's displeasure, I've had to dot them around to distribute the weight. Still, if I keep on collecting, we may have a home made 'basement'......
Especially as I've got my eye on another 9.2".

Hi all,
Haven't posted for a while, what with a new addition to the family, but thought I'd finally show them off for your perusal.
From L to R:
3rd pic: 28cm French Mortier projectile with 18Pdr for comparison. On its own on account of its weight! Only people which weigh the same as a pamphlet can walk up to it, to stop it falling through the floor....
4th & 5th pic: a collection of 15cm HE, 15cm gas, 18Pdrs, 75mm HE, 4.5 HE & Schrapnel, 60Pdr HE & Schrapnel, 10.5cm HE & Schrapnel, 6" HE and a couple of pieces of misc shrapnel.
Cheers!

View attachment 96994View attachment 96995View attachment 96996View attachment 97001View attachment 97004View attachment 97008

Hi

impossible to see the attachments

Hi all,
From L to R:
Cheers!

Hello starshell , can you do something please for the photos ??

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

thank you