What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A fire extinguisher which looks like a cannon

sksvlad

I approached this fire extinguisher originally thinking it was a cannon. I decided to post it anyhow, looks cool.
DSCF0735.jpgDSCF0736.jpgDSCF0737.jpg

I think you will find it is a purpose made fire extinguisher on wheels not a made up cannon, I remember seeing one on American restoration show some guy bought in to have restored, I think they came in different sizes, not sure if it was aircraft ground crew related.

The RAF had similar extinguishers to this,mainly near domestic/admin buildings but in old photos they can be seen near aircraft,
Cheers,
Don,

Not a canon but a fireextinguishing gun.
The czech Fokostop patent.
The fireextinguishing medium (Na[SUB]2[/SUB]CO[SUB]3)[/SUB] is expelled from the cylindrical container by percusion cartridge.
There were one use or reloadable (with sand) with different sizes. The pistol grip/trigger is reusable of course.

More pics here: http://www.mgvysociny.cz/vismo/galerie2.asp?id_org=450032&id_galerie=2302
As museums go the item is described as german 60mm signal pistol (probably navy)

Bob

Attachments

• fokostop.jpg
    fokostop.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 8