What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A movie and not a book, My apoligies...

V40

Sorry this is not a book, its a movie. The movie is entitled "The Lost Battalion". Anybody here seen this movie before? Any comments?

Hi V40,
Is this film about WW1 in Gallipoli, with David Jason in it???? Think I'm going to download it,if it is the one I'm thinking of it's a cracking film.
Cheers
Tony

I know that it has Ricky Shroeder in it and I believe it takes palce in Bellau (SP?) woods. It is based on an actual battle of one lost (out of contact somewhat) Battalion of American Doughboys.

Is the one you are thinking the one with Mel Gibson of the same title?:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Not the one I was thinking of! watched it last night,bloody good film,thanks for the tip off V40
Tony

Hi The other one is All the Kings Men with David Jason about the Sandringham battalion
Cheers
Andy

It is a made for the A & E network movie and is of course about the lost battalion in WW1. Still good though quite Hollywoodized for lack of a better term. I have the movie on DVD and find myself watching it about once a month. Pretty well done, some weapons a tad hokey, but a great story. Worth the watch...Dano

Last edited:
The Lost;

You can buy it Amazon.com for 8.98 (US)

Hi Andy,
First you have to down load a torrent,recomend U torrent,it's a free down load and works very well,also recomend VCL as a media player,far better than the windows player(also a free download), then go in Bit junkie,recomend this site as they have a screen on which protects your IP address! search for the film ect and click on to down load,go into U torrent and you will see the film's progress,don't be put off it it say's it is going to take X amount of years! it soon drops down to hours and minutes,you can set up a folder to take the films automaticialy when they have finished downloading.
Give us a shout if you have problems
Cheers
Tony

pirate bay

Another possibility is "Pirate Bay" where movies and music concert DVD's can be downloaded for free...Dano

Another possibility is "Pirate Bay" where movies and music concert DVD's can be downloaded for free...Dano
Hi Dano,
I use pirate bay on occasion but they do not have a filter on their site so your IP address is at risk!
Cheers
Tony

Hi The other one is All the Kings Men with David Jason about the Sandringham battalion
Cheers
Andy

One of those films you just wanted to jump into the screen and kill those Turkish murderers!
I cant watch it again as it wound me up that much with the execution scenes. :(

waff

One of those films you just wanted to jump into the screen and kill those Turkish murderers!
I cant watch it again as it wound me up that much with the execution scenes. :(

waff
Know how you feel mate,still give them grief about it in the local kabab shop!
Tony

I use Mininova. All are great though. I used to convert the files and burn to disk, but now I have connected my PC to my TV with a HDMI cable and watch direct from the downloaded file. Much better quality