What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A nice assortment of inert ordnance

wichitaslumlord

Premium Member
I just returned home from the SOS (Show of Shows) in Louisville Kentucky in the U.S. I am really pleased with the condition of the two yellow Mk II grenades (one is a solid bottom and the other has a lead plug), and the Japanese Type 99 "Kiska" grenade which retains 99% of it's original label.
Next are 4 Japanese Type 4 ceramic grenades, a "doodle bug" trench art piece made by combining two Japanese fuses together, a red bodied U.S. grenade, 2 mint #36 Mills grenades, a strange 37mm round, and a tiny German stick grenade which was recovered by a veteran in 1945 from a German officers desk where it was being used as a paper weight. It has a porcelain ball attached to a string under the removable cap. Neat!
Also pictured is a BLU 3 sub munition, a WW 1 U.S. Mk I body, and a WW 1 U.S. Mk II Bomb.

Any help in identifying the wooden fuse would be greatly appreciated. It is identical to the french Citron Foug fuse but it is designed to go over the top of an egg shaped grenade, not inside like the Citron Foug. It fits perfectly on the French sheet metal Offensive grenade which is normally found with the Billant or Brandt fuses. Is it possible this was an early use fuse? Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks for looking! Pat
SOS Loot 2016.jpgSOS Loot 2016 2.jpgSOS Loot 2016 1.jpgSOS Loot 2016 3.jpg