What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abundence of markings!! help to ID

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
HPIM4770.jpgHPIM4771.jpgHPIM4772.jpg

Thought this might be of interest to some of you on this site. Not really my thing, so to speak, I got this from a car boot many years ago and bought it because of the markings. I always turn over cases to see what is underneath and this one was a real suprise. It probably speaks for itself ie: 2pdr sub cal , that I can work out. However what is it a sub cal for? was it always a sub cal? (there are marks 22 8 16 - date?) Any idea of makers etc? Is it a common item?

...and now for the bad news, whenever you find an intresting case, why is it that someone thought they had the right to destroy it!!!
Hope its been of some interest
cheers Kev

HPIM4773.jpg

HPIM4775.jpg

search the 2 pounder postings

there is a thread that will show you the gun that used this along with much else

search the 2 pounder postings
there is a thread that will show you the gun that used this along with much else

Thanks for that Gspragge, will check it out,
regards Kev

Kev there's some info on this link.

Cheers Dave for that, now I can see what it was for, I'm a little ignorant when it comes to cases. As for collecting them, no, I'll leave that to the more experienced, but I do enjoy looking at the pics posted on the site. There are some superb examples out there.
Thanks again
Kev