What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptor with type 41 fuze

waffenamt

Got this last week in a good deal and ive decided to upgrade it a tad. :)
It originally came with a 41 top attached so i carefully peeled it away and installed a full 41 with a gaine attached.The blades turn nice and bonny and now wind in the fuze.
I cant wait to locate a 10.5 projectile for it!

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7005243.jpg
    S7005243.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 48
  • S7005244.jpg
    S7005244.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 47
  • S7005245.jpg
    S7005245.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 51
  • S7005246.jpg
    S7005246.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 40
  • S7005247.jpg
    S7005247.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 42
Did this weapon have a designated name/number series to it when all complete with the projectile?
All i know is that it was used as ariel bombs?

cheers

waff

Hi Paul
Glad it arrived safely i was slightly concerned that with the back log of mail it might be delayed , I believe there was a designation for the adaptor will have a hunt through the papers for you.

Hi Waff,
Theres a bit of information regarding this item, (put on by Alex) on a thread started by me 'unusual holder takes butterfly bomb fuze' under 'identification'. Maybe of some intrest to you. (haven't worked out how to put a link on yet-still learning!)

cheers
Kev

Hi Paul
Glad it arrived safely i was slightly concerned that with the back log of mail it might be delayed , I believe there was a designation for the adaptor will have a hunt through the papers for you.

Thanks Steve. :)
I hope you like the improvements ive made?

cheers

waff

Hi Paul
It looks Ok but you need a (41)A fuze as it designed to take a bayonet fitting

Hi Paul
It looks Ok but you need a (41)A fuze as it designed to take a bayonet fitting

That wasnt mentioned earlier! :tinysmile_eyebrow_t lol!
Good job ive a bloody boxful to chose from! :xd:
No,im really pleased with it. If i dont find a proj at Malvern then i maybe will be tapping up our man Mr Fjordhouse to bring one to Stoneleigh for me to buy.

best

waff

Got this last week in a good deal and ive decided to upgrade it a tad. :)
It originally came with a 41 top attached so i carefully peeled it away and installed a full 41 with a gaine attached.The blades turn nice and bonny and now wind in the fuze.
I cant wait to locate a 10.5 projectile for it!

cheers

waff

Thats cleaned up a treat paul and i see you have added a complete 41
will look good in a proj:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Best phil

Cheers Phil,
Ive got to change it for a 41A as a few of the lads posted a cracking picture and some info from our forum member MrFuze and it deffo says '41A' :)

best

waff

Last edited:
That wasnt mentioned earlier! :tinysmile_eyebrow_t lol!
Good job ive a bloody boxful to chose from! :xd:
No,im really pleased with it. If i dont find a proj at Malvern then i maybe will be tapping up our man Mr Fjordhouse to bring one to Stoneleigh for me to buy.

best

waff

Gents,Was this adaptor to make a bomb out of an 88 or 10.5 proj?
I now have the correct 41A fuze displayed with it. :)
best

waff

Waff,
This adaptor was used with SD9 bomb, made of rejected 8,8cm shell.

Attachments

• sd9-1.jpg
    sd9-1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 33
Waff,
This adaptor was used with SD9 bomb, made of rejected 8,8cm shell.

Tmine35,
Thats a cracking photo, (looks like it could be used on both then.)

I read that it was used with the 10.5cm shell -known as the SD15.

I think the threads on the artillery shells would allow the adapter to be used on various calibers?

regards
Kev

Yes Kev,
SD15 ( 10,5cm shell ) used the same.German large artillery shells had a standard thread M50x3 from 75mm upwards.

Cheers T for that pic and info,i would kill to get hold of one of those tailfins!

To sum up then,said adaptor can be used on both variants SD-9 and SD-15?
again,thank you lads. :)

best

waff

Hi Waff,
The SD9 in my photo is a reproduction, adapter and 8,8 shell are original but I made the tail calculating dimensions from the "green book" - Deutsche Bomben.
I have never seen an original one.

Hi Waff,
The SD9 in my photo is a reproduction, adapter and 8,8 shell are original but I made the tail calculating dimensions from the "green book" - Deutsche Bomben.
I have never seen an original one.

Well my friend,i think it is a superb job and thank you for showing it.:)

I wonder if my mate Phil can knock one up for me..? :p
best

waff