What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aerial Bomb ID

Trenchwarfare

Hello everyone. I'm Michael, and I'm a Collectaholic.:xd: Picked up this item the other day. Was listed as French, but can't find it anywhere. Only 7" long, 2 1/2" wide. Any ideas?:eek:oh:

Attachments

• Picture 566.jpg
    Picture 566.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 568.jpg
    Picture 568.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 567.jpg
    Picture 567.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 42
Hello is not an aerial bomb, a pneumatic mortar 60mm French brand of the 1st World War
A greeting

Thanks guys. A quick google search, turned up lots of info. Amazing what you can find out, when you have the proper name for something! I searched mortars, but not pneumatic. Never heard of this weapon. Very interesting. I wonder, did they switch out pumping, or did each mortar crew, have a guy that looked like the Hulk?

Hello

There was two mortars brandt. One normal (1915), and one light (1916).

The pneumatic mortars were useful to launch some ammo without light, and I think they were used with air compressed bottled or with pumps.

Attachments

• brandt (1).jpg
    brandt (1).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 60
  • brandt (2).jpg
    brandt (2).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 45
  • brandt (3).jpg
    brandt (3).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 49
  • brandt (4).jpg
    brandt (4).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 42
  • brandt.jpg
    brandt.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 48
Yes, thanks indeed for the photos. How rare are these rounds? I've never seen another one? What is the approx. value?

French mortar

Michael, They are not uncommon, but a nice addition to any WW1 collection. WW1 is my main area and that is a nice round...Dano

German Mine Units;

Pascal,
I see in your last photo that you also collect Germain deip needle firing units for underwater mines. would you show photos of same and your sea mines?
Regards,
John aka Bart

Doctor,

Very impressive collection of projectiles! Thanks for posting. Do you have any of the 90mm ones also?

Hello john

Pascal,
I see in your last photo that you also collect Germain deip needle firing units for underwater mines. would you show photos of same and your sea mines?

We have, as I can remember, 3 big circular mines (we says "Mines Orin"), but I don't know what are they name, or what is it exactly, because only the diver EOD technician learn and are able to work with this.

I don't go often in the museum, but next time, i'll take more pictures for the mines.

Attachments

• B1915 (1).JPG
    B1915 (1).JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 16
  • B1915 (2).JPG
    B1915 (2).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 17
  • B1915.JPG
    B1915.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 18