What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airsoft gun

pointblank0

BOCN Supporter
Hello.
I'm having a clearout to make some much needed cash and I found my old Glock spring powered BB airsoft pistol. Does anyone know how I go about selling this now they have the new imitation firearm law in UK?

If it is deemed to be a "realistic imitation" - ie identical in size, shape, and colour to a real/live weapon then its sale may be unlawful. The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 is the startpoint for this but there is subsidiary legislation that supports the Act such as The Realistic Imitation Firearms Regulations 2007.
It may require an examination by a Registered Firearms Dealer (RFD) or an assessment by a police Firearms Enquiry Officer - ( suggest that you dont ask a Police ARV or Tactical Firearms officer!)

Thanks for the reply. Thought it better not to ask around at work!
Looks like I may as well just put it back in the loft and forget about it.

I believe it can be sold to someone who is a member of a registered airsoft club, a re-enactor, or to someone who wants to use it for film or TV work. However I'm not an expert on the law so I can't be certain.

I believe it can be sold to someone who is a member of a registered airsoft club, a re-enactor, or to someone who wants to use it for film or TV work. However I'm not an expert on the law so I can't be certain.

This is correct. I have a person who may be interested if you like. Please PM me if you want his details

P/B0, speaking of work my friend, where will you be during the Olympics? Will you be issued a weapon this time around?