What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ammo marked VAPEX

Lewis

Earlier this year I saw a 9x19mm round, clearly made by CBC but the headstamp was "9mm Luger VAPEX". Some research and help from friends indicated that the cartridge, or at least the case was made by CBC for VAPEX which is a mailorder supplier of reloading components and related things in Sweden. A friend contacted them and said they bought this from CBC more than 10 years ago.

Two questions:
  1. Has anyone seen this VAPEX marking on either 9x19mm or any other caliber.
  2. Does anyone have contacts in the pistol shooting world in Sweden. I'm looking for someone to make a post on Swedish shooting sites or in a publication looking for some of these cases/cartridges...
Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Lew

I will have to check at home but I think I have VAPEX marked rounds in 7,62x39 which were made by Barnaul.

7,62x39 ammo made for LIBRA by Barnaul. Headstamp VAPEX 7,62x39.

Attachments

• VAPEX-01.jpg
    VAPEX-01.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 23
  • VAPEX-02.jpg
    VAPEX-02.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 26
Thanks, This is a new twist. The VAPEX I know is:

http://www.vapex.se/

VAPEX Import&Export AB
Box 147
S-235 22 Vellinge
Phone: +46 40 420323
Fax: +46 40 424563

Vapex has existed as a supplier since 1989. I started with mailordering 1997. In the beginning of 1999, the staff got reinforced with Anders and 2005 with Kjell and Peter. Our goal is to try to be the cheapest on the market. The best service. low price, wide range of products and competent workers are factors that has made us very succesful over the years. A very good contact with our suppliers worldwide, makes the prices very good.

This ammo was made for Libra, perhaps as a contract to VAPEX. No indication on the box it was intended for Swedish sales.

None of this is ever simple and straight-forward is it?

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Lew