What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ammunition Labels 7

EODGUY

The last of the group of labels. Photos 57 and 58 are cloth bands. Photos 59 and 60 I assume are New Zealand hazardous cargo shipping labels. Both sizes/colors have labels 1 through 15 with number 14 missing. Not sure if there is a 14, but it is interesting it is missing from both sets. On photo 59 you can see there is damage to No. 1.

Attachments

• Labels 56.jpg
    Labels 56.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Labels 57.jpg
    Labels 57.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Labels 58.jpg
    Labels 58.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Labels 59.jpg
    Labels 59.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Labels 60.jpg
    Labels 60.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 33
And I thought Tony had a fantastic collection of labels! Your collection is superb. Thanks for sharing them with us. Would you mind if i copy some of them?
Cheers
Hangarman

No problem with copying any of them. The reason I posted them was o share them with those having an interest.

Thanks a lot for sharing with us!

Now I am confused again. Seems some of these great labels are form New Zealand no?

And Australia as well. Pic No56 shows a label from factories MF (Footscray No1 in Melbourne, Vic Au) and MK (Penfield No2, Salisbury, South Australia)

Ahh, whoops, I think the "MK" does not refer to Penfield (who I had not previously noted making .303!), but is actually on the same line as the Mark of ammn, so it's Mk7.

Here's a pic of a pack from Western Australia, ex the Welshpool factory and shows Mk VII from M.W.

Attachments

• 131474798_full.jpg
    131474798_full.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 14
And Australia as well. Pic No56 shows a label from factories MF (Footscray No1 in Melbourne, Vic Au) and MK (Penfield No2, Salisbury, South Australia)

Surely the MK on that label is the abbreviation for "Mark" in front of the "7"?

Are you also saying that the Salisbury factory used MK as a headstamp?

Regards
TonyE

Edit: Our posts crossed!