What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

an Early german 50Kg

F

Fuzeman

A German 50 Kg bomb with the very early fuze locking ring (an extra screw fitting ) modified by the Germans to stop the fuze falling out?

Attachments

• GUERNSEY 65TH ANIVERSARY LIBERATION DAY 2010 046.jpg
    GUERNSEY 65TH ANIVERSARY LIBERATION DAY 2010 046.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 135
  • GUERNSEY 65TH ANIVERSARY LIBERATION DAY 2010 049.jpg
    GUERNSEY 65TH ANIVERSARY LIBERATION DAY 2010 049.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 126
  • GUERNSEY 65TH ANIVERSARY LIBERATION DAY 2010 051.jpg
    GUERNSEY 65TH ANIVERSARY LIBERATION DAY 2010 051.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Will have another look tomorrow as im on duty again for any markings

50kg bomb fins

Some years ago,we recovered the remains of a Dornier 17z3 which crashed at Nant Glyn in wales,it was found to contain 10x50kg bombs,(which EOD disposed of in a local quarry,)the fins were torn off in the crash and I managed to find two of them,the method of construction was to form a quarter of a tail cone and one fin from one sheet of metal,these were then riveted together to form a complete set of four fins and tail cone,the fins in the pics seem to be of a different method of construction,also,on cleaning up the fins,a styalised German eagle and a set of numbers were found,perhaps these were manufacturers marks,
the eagle and numbers were close to the trailing edge of the fins,
Regards,Don,

This style locking ring also used Hungary on own 36M 50kg and 250kg bombs (total copy of the early German SC bombs).
Maybe modifited to the later screwed locking ring because the earlier too weak?

50kg Bomb fins,

Hi Waff,I will get the fins back from the museum where they reside and send you pics,I will try and get some pics of the stamped eagle and numbers as well but they are quite small,
Regards,Don,