What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

animated fuzes

For instruction purposes i am converting basic diagrams and graphics of fuzes to animated gif's so the movements of the parts becomes easier to understand. So far the gif's look a bit simple and childish to me. Does anyone know if there are 2D or 3D clips available (or for sale) of fuzes with the parts moving.

The Australian Ordnance Corps has a CD of fuzes in their inventory. Some of which, the action of, is animated.

TimG

Last edited:
Just a little side note here, the last time i see Jack (Madbomber) he showed me his Ipad and he had a program that showed how the German Bomb electrical fuses worked in what ever setting thy were set to, it was totally amazing program, showing the fuse from charging with electrical current then how it was switched through the various circuits and then finally to the primer, he had done most of the ELAZ fuses, apparently all you had to do was put in the components fitting into a loom and the program automatically showed how it worked, sadly Jack left us and he took his pass word with him, as i understand the Ipad is still locked,,,,,,,,, Dave

I believe that was being done at that time in coordination with the Sprengscule (excuse my spelling) Dresden, at least during one period. I spent a couple of days with Jack doing some museum visits and a trip to the School, during that time school reps in coordination with Jack demonstrated the program and asked if I thought it was commercially interesting, perhaps for clearance work. My thoughts at the time were that it was certainly interesting, but from a clearance perspective, while they had a couple of hundred items loaded, they needed thousands.

intarex looks nice, at least for the only fuze they show. But it is not exactly that what i am looking for. I had in mind the different basic arming and safety systems used in the WWI fuzes. They are the basic systems on which all the following fuzes systems are based. I'll keep busy with redrawing the 2D figures and then make small changes to the position of the pieces and at the end make an animated .gif. Thanks for the reply