What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another 37x94 case

2pounder

Premium Member
3.7cm K 3.JPGI've had a good search but cant find the info I'd like so at the risk of being pointed to something I've missed here are some questions on a case I picked up at the ECRA meet yesterday. Only got it because it did not look like the rest one usually sees and although I dont collect German I do like out of the ordinary headstamps. K is Karlsruhe, 2 is the lot SP255 is Spandau acceptance but what is the 'g' for and anything on the primer would be nice, the HB looks done later?. Also why no 119 or 119A? your thoughts please gentlemen. Thanks.

Sb on the primer (indeed a beauty!) is for Siegburg (German city), where many WW1 primers are made. I have seen many on 10 cm K1904 and 15 cm K1916 cases. The HB logo is interesting, I know it from somewhere (I was thinking Hotchkiss but that would be weird on a German case)...sure another member knows!