What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another ELAZ 17a this way comes!

waffenamt

Happy days! :)
Picked this up last week on a pre-arranged deal for that PaK37 gunsight i had that was hangng around in the classifieds for ages.:angel:
Ive got a spare minter clockcase sleeve for the fuze somewhere in my collection so will be restoring this in the new year.
The top is in good condition around the sides and fortunatly any corrosion has missed the all important letters on the face.
Ive already started to strip it,the top comes away nice and bonny.

best

waff

Attachments

• S7005533.jpg
    S7005533.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 45
  • S7005535.jpg
    S7005535.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
  • S7005536.jpg
    S7005536.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 37
  • S7005537.jpg
    S7005537.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 48
  • S7005538.jpg
    S7005538.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 49
And here it is pictured with its sister 17a's and the type 17 with external clock.
Ive to find one more bakelite transport cap for the clock bottom if anyone has a spare kicking about please?,thats why it looks shorter than the others.

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7005545.jpg
    S7005545.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 70
Very nice Paul. very nice indeed!!!!!!
Is this the one you were chasing?

cheers
Kev

Hi Kev,Thank you.
No,im still hot on the tail with that one!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t,but it will have to wait until January as ive a bit of a mission to go on over the crimbo hols.

best

waff

Happy days! :)
Picked this up last week on a pre-arranged deal for that PaK37 gunsight i had that was hangng around in the classifieds for ages.:angel:
Ive got a spare minter clockcase sleeve for the fuze somewhere in my collection so will be restoring this in the new year.
The top is in good condition around the sides and fortunatly any corrosion has missed the all important letters on the face.
Ive already started to strip it,the top comes away nice and bonny.

best

waff
Nice fuse paul :tinysmile_shy_t:will be having a gander at some of mine soon and will add to the thread whilst were on the subject:smile:

Nice fuse paul :tinysmile_shy_t:will be having a gander at some of mine soon and will add to the thread whilst were on the subject:smile:

Thank you my old friend! :tinysmile_shy_t:

Please do post away! Its been fun these last few years hunting down these 17a's.Ive still to catch up with you yet matey!

your pal

waff

A few (17) from the collection
Damaged and corroded ones not shown)

Attachments

• 17 fuzes 005.jpg
    17 fuzes 005.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 64
Aye,very nice!

Steve,did you find out about that star that is featured on the one in this thread for me? Your PM said it was unusual?

best

waff