What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another for the minds

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Dia: 60MM
Length: 64MM
Exposed: 44MM

I was told this was a ZT ZS 125 ... is this correct? and does nayone have any other information?

Joe

Attachments

• ICE-SM-175-6.jpg
    ICE-SM-175-6.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 62
  • ICE-SM-175-13.jpg
    ICE-SM-175-13.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 46
  • ICE-SM-175-9.jpg
    ICE-SM-175-9.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 50
Mystery fuze...

Hello Joe,

The bottom portion that screws into a projectile fuze well very closely resembles several WWI era U.S. fuzes. Does the upper half disassemble? Is the threaded portion approx. 1 & 7/8"" in diameter? I'm thinking some experimental U.S. time fuze...

Best regards,

Randall

No it didn't come apart at all. We took these pictures and measurments at the measeum. If we could get them a part we usually did and took pictures.

The people who inerted it back in the day said it was German according to there inventory. But I'm not so sure.

Joe

Hello Joe,

Here is the base of a WWI U.S. Model 1907 combustion time fuze. The two are VERY similar.

Best regards,

Randall

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 21
The museum does have German experimental fuzes. This might be one of them. Just a thought to throw out there.

Joe

Entirely possible, this kind of design is so far only known from an old Krupp test range. All known specimen look slightly different from each other and are considered to experimental.
The one in your photo is in remarkable good condition.
That window in the cap was originally closed by a celluloid disc.