What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another M24 and M39

Mikhail

Got a few new additions to my collection and thought I would share them.
First is a M1915 German smoke grenade...or so I am told that is what it is. Pretty rough, but for a freebie, it is worth the price! :wink:
M24_marked (9).jpgM24_marked (8).jpgM24_marked (10).jpg

Also got another M24, minus the stick...but I've not seen one marked like this before. I've seen them with the white writing and the WaffenAmt on the top, but the black stamp is a new one on me. If I remember right, someone once before mentioned the "Do" is something like a mark to let you know that it's been filled with explosives...is that right? Pretty cool that is is also stamped with that date that is the same year as the metal stamp on top! Makes it a touch easier to find a dated stick for it that way
M24_marked (1).jpgM24_marked (2).jpgM24_marked (6).jpgM24_marked (5).jpgM24_marked (3).jpgM24_marked (4).jpgM24_marked (7).jpg

Also get my M39 with a WaffenAmt stamp!!! I've only seen one other before with the stamp...come to think of it, it isn't too often I see M39's with paint...usually they are rust covered. In the States here, finding M39's isn't too common...yet somehow I've managed to acquire 4...and a few more on the way! I guess not common is when you first start looking...then you learn the proper route and surprisingly they are not so uncommon after all.
M39 marked (1).jpgM39 marked (2).jpgM39 marked (3).jpg

Enjoy the pics!
Mikhail

Last edited: