What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another restoratio project '17 stick

Here is another restoration project on the burner. I seem to have a few projects going so this may be on the back burner for a while. First I bought this "holy" M1917 German stick grenade can for 20.00. I have a spare handle complete with star cap in one of many junque boxes. The larger hole will be preliminarily filled with kneading epoxy and finished with feather lite filler as will the little holes. After some finish sanding the head will be sprayed with Rust-Oleum olive drab (which is very colse to feld-grau). Have already test fitted stick to head and with a little fanagling it will work. With 20.00 in the can and the stick handle was a "throw in" on another deal, add to that about 2 hours elbow grease and I will call it a "reasonable facsimile when finished". Right now I have too many irons in the fire and better start finishing some of these projects.
Note: none of this is done for deception, rather to have something displayable for the collection...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 23