What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another rock crusher tooth,,,,,,

Lou

A buddy of mine emailed me with these photos of what he thought was a projectile of some type. I had to be the bearer of bad news,told him it was the tooth from a rock or pavement crushing/grinding machine,similar to the one I got stuck with awhile back.""Holding in hand in the first photo"". My buddy wasnt too disappointed,he only paid $10 for it.

Although his seemed to be unused,I told him to take it to the recycling center to see if the core was tungsten. The recycling center dude helped him cut the core out and he got $20 for it!! Not a bad way to double your beer money!!!!

Attachments

• Iola finds 022.jpg
    Iola finds 022.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Ex5.7 016.jpg
    Ex5.7 016.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Ex5.7 013.jpg
    Ex5.7 013.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Ex5.7 014.jpg
    Ex5.7 014.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Ex5.7 015.jpg
    Ex5.7 015.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 78
Wow, thats pretty wild, I sure would have thought it was a projectile if I saw it on a table!

Maybe you can determine the type of machine this new find belongs to. Ask some Highway Dept. folks if they recognize it. Those road grader machines are awesome.

Hmmmm, has anyone suggested your sense of humor might be a little out of balance? Just sayin.

Oh yeah, nice tooth!

hello m8 sadly i did the same i also found a few in thr woods lol to be honist if i saw that for sale now i think id bu it !! =(

Confession

Alright alright,Im sorry. I couldnt help it. Ya'll know how drain brammaged I can be sometimes.I apologise for the krinkeled brows,hurrumphs and pssshhts I might have caused.

Details,,, Came from a very kind retired gentlman thats been holding onto it for some 30 years,as a paper weight. He had gotten it in a box lot of stuff from a long time gun collecter. Its said to come from an arsenel in 1948 as,lets say,a rescue.

Its over 6 1/4" tall,weighs 1388g and rough squeezebore measurments are 57mm X 40mm. No stamps,waffs or other marks.

With my limited knowlege,I havent clue what it really is and havent been able to find any info on it,except of course the generic wikipedia type info. If it is captured German,all Ive found is the well known 5cm and 7.5cm info,and its strange to me this would fall right in the middle void. Possibly a US copy for experimentation?

Please feel free to clue me in,,,,

Lou its a Jones and Lamson 57/40 from 1944 ish.
I've sent you details.
Dave.

Photo of the gun.
Dave.

Attachments

• American hyper velocity 1.jpg
    American hyper velocity 1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 52
Dang! I was hoping to see a rock crusher machine.

Attachments

• rock crusher teeth.jpg
    rock crusher teeth.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 94
Get out of here,thats your squeeze bore collection aint it. Sure,rub it in,,,,,,:tinysmile_hmm_t:

LOU allthough this thread was posted in fun,many members have been upset by the deception and deviousness in your original posting,many considering binning items they belived were just old road teeth,a private vote has taken place amongst these members/victims (including myself) and it has been decided that you will be demoted to "micro member" and held in a period of probation for two months,during this period to show you respect your fellow members you will start all your posts with "Dear Gentlemen"..
This starts with immediate effect
ADMIN

Dear Gentlemen,,,

Your newest micro member bows his head in respect....:flowers:

Dear Gentlemen,

Youd be suprised how honored I really am :rock:

Sweet ID on the projectile Dave,you are the master. I get first dibs and the photo of it on your shelf,,,,, maybe :tinysmile_twink_t2:

OK Lou punishment over,but next time instead of changing your status to micro member,im just gonna change it to weener....
normal service has now resumed

Lol,

You guys rock. I was hoping for something permanent in the range of dingdong or bonehead member.

But really,thanks too all of you who read and commented weather you thought the joke was real or not.

And actually,through the whole process of buying that small rock chrushing tooth,and the having the good fortune to run into and purchase the real deal,has been a great learning experience for me. With the help of Dave and John and lots of others,my drain becomes less and less bameged every day.

Thanks again,,

Well, at least Spotter didn't declare you a "micro-weener"! That could damage a guy's self esteem. LOL

I was wondering if we were going to get to call him stubby, tiny, shorty, or the untimate, needle dick. But I guess not, now that he is forgiven.

He does seem to have knack for finding some very nice things though, amongst the odd digger tooth or two.